The mastaba is a double tomb, which belonged to two dignitaries who lived during the fifth dynasty: Akhethotep and his son Ptah-hotep. The principal titles of Akhet-hotep were vizier and judge, as well as "supervisor of prophets of the pyramids of Nyussere, Djedkare Isesi, and Menkaure."
The mastaba was originally built by the vizier Ihy who lived during the reign of King Unas in the late Fifth Dynasty; it was later usurped by Princess Sesh-seshet, whose title was "the daughter of the king". She is known as Idut.
Iru-ke-Ptah was the chief of the royal abattoirs during the Fifth Dynasty. The upper part of his mastaba is composed of one elongated piece, carved in the native rock. It has become well known for the great number of statues cut into the rock, which was rarely done; there are eight statues on the left wall and four on the right.
In A.D. 1940, the Egyptian Antiquities Service excavated the important mastaba of the vizier Mehu, who lived during the Sixth Dynasty. Its importance is due to the perfect condition of its painted decorations, especially those of the offering chapel in which the colors are intact.
A mastaba that belonged to Nefer-her-en-Ptah who lived during the Fifth Dynasty. On the uppermost panel of the western wall, there is a splendid large scene of bird hunting that gives the tomb the name of "the bird tomb."
A mastaba that belonged to two dignitaries who must have lived during the Fifth Dynasty since their titles are "the prophets of Ra in the sun temple of King Nyussere". However, their real job was as the chiefs of the manicurists of the great house (that is, the royal palace). Most probably they were brothers, perhaps even twins, as they are depicted on the walls of the tomb with the same features.
East of the tombs of Ptah-hotep and Ti is the Serapeum, which consists of tunnels that were used for the funerary cult of the sacred Apis bulls. It dates back to the Saite period. The Serapeum was discovered as early as A.D. 1738 by Pocock, and was rediscovered in A.D. 1851 by Mariette.
This monument is known as the domes of al-Saba' Banaat, although it is more appropriate for it to be called the "seven domes," because the historical sources explain that the Fatimid Caliph Al-Hakim Bi-Amr-Allah assassinated some people from the family of the Vizier Al-Hussein Ibn Ali Al-Maghrabi, after he had fled from Egypt. Then, when the Caliph wanted to be reconciled with the Vizier, he built six domes on the tombs of the assassinated persons. Apparently, besides the six tombs there was the domed tomb of another person, which brought the number of domes to seven; they were therefore called the seven domes.
The tomb of King Ramesses the Sixth is located in the Valley of the Kings on the west bank of the Nile at Luxor. This tomb was designed according to the classic plan of Twentieth Dynasty tombs. It is composed of a series of elongated corridors and vestibules, lying on one axis and ending at the burial chamber.
Sennedjem was the chief artisan in the Theban necropolis during the reigns of Seti the First and Ramesses the Second. His title was "servant in the Place of Truth." His tomb was found intact in A.D. 1886 in the Valley of Artisans, near the Valley of the Queens.